This year has been like no other.
We had big plans, funding in place and then we closed for 12 weeks.
Now just over four months of opening we're having to close again due to a second national lockdown and we're facing a bleak winter.
We understand this lockdown is necessary to protect the community around us, but as per the previous closure, we will be receiving no generated income, even though our animal care costs will continue to mount as zoo keepers ensure our exotic animal collection receive the very best possible day-to-day care.
Plus we have also been unable to access the governments £100m Zoo Animals Fund so our struggle isn't over.
As a not-for-profit charity, which relies on ticket sales, we are hoping the public will continue to support us through these further troubling times by considering making a donation to our appeal.
Every donation makes a real difference and will be gratefully received.
Thank you in advance for your support and we hope to welcome you back to Dudley Zoo and Castle soon!
Did you know?
- The upkeep and care of one lemur costs £1 a day and an ape is £5 per day
- To care for the giraffes for one day costs £15
- The upkeep of the sloth for one week costs £20
- To care for the lions for one week costs £100
- To care for the sea lions for one week costs £250
- To feed and care for our penguins for one month costs £1,200