GASPA is a charity that aims to advance the education of the pupils at the schools by providing and assisting in the provision of facilities for education. We are fundraising for Grand Avenue School’s 2019 - 2020 wish list.
Specifically the teaching body at Grand Avenue has asked GASPA to raise money for;
Additional microphone switches for the new hall plus 4 extra microphones and 8 headset microphones
Signage around the school
High interest reading books for those older children who find reading challenging
New reading books through out the school
Resources for science
Resources for art (throughout school)
- Paint sticks (roughly 3 sets of 12)
- Paint rollers (roughly 3 sets of 6)
- Coloured chalk (2 boxes of 480)
- Oil pastels (4 sets of 50)
- Tissue paper (2x 480 pieces)
- Modelling tools (4 sets of 48)
- Modelling clay (plasticine - two 3kg pots)
- Watercolour pencils (roughly 3 tins of 24 pencils)
- Charcoal sticks (1 box of 70)
Computing green screen
Resources for a ceramic tile project where every child in school is given a tile to paint. These will then be
mounted and displayed outside (near main entrance). Led by local artist, to take place in Spring 2020.
Early years sensory equipment e.g. bubble tube, fibre optics etc
Early years: refresh of the outside area to include:
- Outside posters (alphabets, numbers, keywords)
- Floor level sandpit
- Workshop with tools
- Five 14" bikes and ten new helmets
- Bug hotel
- Reading hut
- Water channel toys
- Outdoor easel and aprons
The above list comes to about £15,000.
In addition much of the school trim trail equipment is coming to the end of its life and will either need to be replaced or refurbished in 2020. It is estimated that to replace each piece of equipment would be approximately £2,000. GASPA would also like to help support this project.
GASPA needs to raise funds for this and for other charitable purposes. Find out more at www.GASPA.org.uk