Cheshire Dance creates opportunities for people of all ages, abilities and backgrounds to access dance and benefit from its transformative power. It invites people to participate in the range of dance groups and professional development opportunities on offer as well as attend the enticing programme of events and performances promoted throughout the year.
Cheshire Dance prides itself on providing unique opportunities for young people - particularly those that are vulnerable or living in deprived areas - to create, learn and experience dance. A registered charity with over four decades of experience, we work to contribute to young people’s social, emotional, physical, and cultural development through the art form.
In young people, research shows that:
- Dance increases cardiovascular activity and can help to reduce weight gain.
- It improves cognitive functions with movement creating a link between a problem or idea to an outcome or solution. Thus, it can progress classroom learning and provide a platform for creative & critical thinking.
- Dance promotes sociability through working together and celebrating within the community; it can heighten resilience and boost positive mental health.
- It can develop the ability to communicate ideas effectively—both verbally and in movement.
- Dance is a key element of self-expression and allows a growing awareness of one’s physical self.
- Whilst only 38% of girls are reported to achieve the recommended amount of physical daily exercise, dance has proved to be an innovative way of engaging girls in physical activity.
If you would like to support our work with young people in Cheshire West and Cheshire East, please consider donating either a one off amount or a regular payment. All funds will go directly to our projects and will help to ensure that we can support our local communities through dance.
For a greater insight into our organisation, please visit: www.cheshiredance.org. Or, find us on social media.
To chat with us about our work, please get in touch at: email@example.com