When you, or a relative, friend or someone you care for, are experiencing symptoms of Dementia, it is good to know that neither you nor they have to be alone to meet the challenges ahead. The Barnsley Dementia Gateway Service is here to provide the following services for people living with Dementia and /or their carer.....
• Give information and advice about services available in Barnsley
• Ensure that people living with Dementia and their carers, get one to one support when they need it
• Publicise the many social and activity groups available in Barnsley
• Peer support for carers and for people living with Dementia
• Access to carer support funding
• Opportunities to become a volunteer, to help with social groups or to become a one to one befriender for a person living with Dementia