What does Sutton Night Watch do?
The charity was set up to support and raise awareness for the homeless people within the London Borough of Sutton and surrounding areas. Overtime we have also recognised the needs of the vulnerable within the Borough and beyond who require support with day to day life.
We have the following aims
- To continue to operate our drop in centre 6 days a week
- To continue to help those impacted by Covid-19 and the ongoing pandemic
- Take our full-time, successful model and overtime replicate the model in new boroughs throughout London and the home counties.
- To help the homeless and vulnerable people of Sutton by supporting them on a full-time basis at our very own sdrop in centre.
- To have a fundraising team working full time on our various fundraising events and projects
- Signpost our service users to the correct services available, supporting them on a one-to-one basis with all documentation that is required by each service.
- To give our service users a safe place to come in during the day where they can get food, clothes and use washing facilities.
- Having internet access to support service users with job applications, benefit claims and for seeking long term accommodation.
- Providing educational services such as basic English and Maths classes as well as life skill and well-being courses.
- Supporting our service users to be able to integrate positively into society again
The support we receive from our followers and current donators ensures we are able to continue to support some of the most vulnerable people in our local area. The changes that happen are very real and can mean a service user has every opportunity to have a fulfilling life and reach their full potential, achieving their individual goals and dreams.
Our charity (Charity Number 1171903) is funded solely from sponsors, fundraising and the generosity of the local community. We are truly grateful to everyone in the community who support us to shine the light on those who are in desperate need.